Been attempting to use chillipeppr.com/marlin Setting up 3d printer.

Been attempting to use http://chillipeppr.com/marlin
Setting up 3d printer. Have a mega/ramps board with marlin that connects and shows numbers increasing when attempting to JOG; numbers displayed next to the atmega aspect of the serial connection but nothing happens on the ramps board?

Hey Todd, the /marlin page was my initial attempt at supporting Marlin but to be honest I didn’t get very far. I belive Jon and +Peter van der Walt ​had a go at creating one, maybe they could let you know if there’s a working workspace

+Peter van der Walt I woud love add that buffer we did into Github so others can grab it for Marlin. Anyway you could send me that file?

Yeah, will need to do a cleanup because at this point there are no binary files in the repo, but there is baggage from old binary builds bogging it down.

Ok, just updated the other 2 files we had updated during the Google Hangout on Air. I figured those would show up in the pull request, but didn’t. So i manually created the changes again. Latest working version now in Github.

Just rebased the Github repo to remove all large files. Now it’s just 10MB to clone the repo. So, +Peter van der Walt please delete all copies you have and re-clone so any future pull requests don’t undo all my rebasing.

Binaries of v1.83 now available for SPJS http://chilipeppr.com/downloads/v1.83/ that contain the code for the Marlin buffer.

Not code fluent but chilipeppr has sparked my interest. I have manually tweaked java code variables successfully in a surfboard cam program called boardcad using my limited knowledge of autolisp as reference.
So shall I try the /marlin workspace again with 1.83 server?
Also, want to add and delete widgets from my own workspace…any suggestions on instructions of doing this?

There’s a ton of videos on Youtube about how to make your own workspace and tweak your own widgets. I think Marlin may be workable with the latest 1.83 but I have no Marlin board so no way to know. +Peter van der Walt is the most knowledgeable.