Bed clip for round bed

I designed a bed clip for a Monoprice Mini Delta Printer in OpenSCAD. It should be useful for other delta style printers too with some changes to numbers.

2 Likes

If you look for something similar but for the common 120mm borosilicate glass plates, see:

I saw that. I also noticed that he had written something wrong and scaling the glass radius changed the printer’s built in build plate radius in the output. I tried to correct for it, but his convoluted triangle code made it not scale up. It also has difficulty fitting over the end without removing the pin that holds the bed down on the corners.

I think I am done with the design now.
I added a springy feature to the design. I suppose that might make support removal more difficult for some. I am not sure.
Oops! The design is only valid for when the glass is bigger than the printer’s bed. I will try to remedy that later.

I fixed the functionality for glass that is smaller than the bed.

1 Like

After modifications yesterday to correct stuff and make the glass grip a spring clip, a test print a little bit ago and a test fit just now, this project is complete. I will not be adjusting the design anymore unless someone points out something that is lacking. This “thing” is no longer a work in progress.