Bcnc - Smoothieboard Connection Problems

I am trying to change from Pronterface to BCNC. From information I can find I have done following:

1. I have downloaded the cnc firmware. Renamed and flashed. On Sd card it is FIRMWARE.CUR and file size is 345kB. So I’m assuming the Firmware change has been OK
  2. I have downloaded the current config file from Smoothie website link. I have added one line grbl_mode true I haven’t changed anything else on the config file.
  3. I have downloaded BCNC successfully. When I try to connect Smoothie is listed.

The problem is BCNC will not connect with Smoothieboard.I have tried different baud rates it makes no difference.

Has anybody got at any suggestions?

Imported from wikidot

Sorted. Don’t know if it was the reason, but it worked, I removed both config and Firmware off Sd card and reinstalled /flashed Firmware and then config. Originally I had left old config on Sd card as I changed firmware.

Glad you got it to work :slight_smile:

Hello I meet the same problem as Al57_SW, I applied the same procedure and bCNC does not want to know. I do not recover the current positions of the axes while it tells me that it is connected …
Thank you for your help because here I despair