Auto-Bed-Levelling with a microswitch probe on a Kossel delta bot by Johann Rocholl.

Auto-Bed-Levelling with a microswitch probe on a Kossel delta bot by Johann Rocholl.

Looks like a very nice system indeed.

Printing on cold untreated glass is easy, you just have to keep it clean, any oils from your hands will make it useless.

There is consistency at all about what sticks to what bed surface. No way does PLA slick to cold glass the last time I tried it.

maybe he had a diff kind of PLA which is more sticky … a PLA with additives?

That is possible, I know that the formulation that wired for me on clean glass was very sticky, and wasn’t as brittle as the newer stuff I use. I think that Johann is probably using a coating of some sort on his bed though, like hair spray.

No coating on the glass. Only removed fingerprints with one of those premoistened alcoholic microfiber glasses wipes. Then several great prints with common 1.75mm PLA filament from http://justpla.com.

Yes, the badges release pretty easily. That’s why I’m currently still using blue tape for longer riskier prints like overnight motor vertex. But I’ll continue to experiment and share my results, hair spray is next.

I want one. The machine