auto bed leveling

Hi
I am buliding a Cartesian printer and using smoothieboard. Is there any support for automatic bed leveling?

Imported from wikidot

Yes, see the “Zprobe” section under “Smoothie Firmware”

i am trying that but no information is available on how to calculate z offset and how use z probe for z endstop

Information is indeed very difficult to find. I am setting up a z-probe myself right now and am trying to figure it out as I go. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can shed some light on your questions.

This page : http://smoothieware.org/zprobe

Seems to have all of the information you need.

What are you missing ? What are your problems exactly ?

I am able to probe the points for 3 point strategy and get the normal to bed plane. I saved the plane in config.override. I calculated the offset offset folowing steps by Rincewind in soliforum. after all this how to use end stop for z axis and start printing?

I tried printing my manually bringing the bed to nozzle level but while printing gamma motor was not compensating for bed leveling

Are there any plans on adding servo support to this so that a z-probe can be attached to the x-carriage and lowered/raised as needed?

I guess it will happen when somebody that knows how to add it ( I can help if somebody wants to do it ), actually has a servo setup ( that seems pretty rare ), and wants to add it, does it.

I think it will happpen, just not sure when.

I’ve got a servo probe setup, the servo is triggered by the Smoothieboard but controlled through external circuitry.
It shouldn’t be too hard to implement on the firmware side, a servo needs a pulse ranging from 1 to 2 ms every 20ms. I think the biggest issue would be the 3.3v output of the Smoothie being too low of a voltage for the servo signal.