As some of you may remember,

As some of you may remember, I somewhat recently picked up an Ender 3 and it’s been a great printer, especially for the money. Well I was curious as to how fast this thing could actually run so I decided to turn things up a little. Normally my print speed is 60mm/s. You can see what I turned it up to in the video and I think the part still turned out pretty good. What do you guys think of this $200 printer?

I usually use 110mm/s, with half that on the external perimeter. Pretty good, except I can’t find the speed that stops the infill being stringy.

The gotcha is that acceleration is pretty slow; it rarely gets up to those speeds.

@Ian_Nicholls And by rarely, you mean never if the speed is higher than 60-70mm/s

@Ian_Nicholls that’s probably true. I did notice that smaller moves were slower but the piece is kinda small as it is. I’m sure that if I actually hit 90mm/s on the perimeter walls that it wouldn’t look as good as it does. That’s a little disappointing. Oh well I guess. It’s still a good printer none the less and I’d buy another one tomorrow if mine was stolen or something.

@Kevin_Danger_Powers if you want to get close to the actual speeds in your slicer settings, you need a 32-bit board.

@Taylor_Landry1 idk if that was the limiting factor though. I know what you’re saying but every time I turned the dial on the printer, it went faster. Not saying that it’s NOT the processor that’s limiting me but it did go faster with every dial turn. Regardless of what my limiting factor is though, I’m really happy with this printer as it does what I need it to and it was UNDER $200 including shipping to my door. If I had the time and the money, I’d probably look into building my own but I don’t have either of those right now. Lol. Plus I’m already wrapped up in several projects. Too damn busy!