As requested, code for the 64 x 64 matrix.

As requested, code for the 64 x 64 matrix. I added some comments but my coding style would not get me far except in a code obfuscation competition. buyer beware, you get what you pay for.

This is ever evolving, but this is today’s version.

https://app.box.com/s/hr4i0jqfd0ngxgzoj6au30uzleoqksk6

@Mark_Estes - Fantastic animations and awesome project. Thank you very much for sharing your well documented code. It has already been very helpful to me.

Very cool. Reminds me of that old video game, Tempest.

Thanks so much @Mark_Estes - just even taking a 2 minutes glance at your code I can already tell that there is an entirely different and simpler way of thinking about animations when using the LEDMatrix library. This is exactly the kind of inspiration I was looking for to move past scrolling rainbows and plasma/noise functions (not that rainbows and noise aren’t awesome)

I never would have thought of it without seeing your work!

Nice. Now, I gotta ask: what are using for a 64x64 matrix? Is it one shot, or smaller tiled matrices? How big is it?

Also, first time I hear about https://github.com/Jorgen-VikingGod/LEDMatrix Nice to see it exists.

to me, one of the best thing about FASTled is how it is all based on byte sized elemets and you can use the rollover of a byte to your advantage and not have to keep score or worry about overflow

@Marc_MERLIN prior to this I used strips, mounted side by side in a zigzag pattern, with lots of soldering and cursing. With this one I switched to a matrix panel approach. So, this is made from a bunch (16) of16 x 16 matrix panels. I wire them in pairs making effectively a 16 x 32 panel and drive each pair with one of the output lines from the Teensy 3.2/Octo adaptor setup. LEDMatrix thinks it is outputting to a single big 64 by 64 matrix (zigzg) but the function “spititout” maps that into the 8 panels. The panels are easily found on Ebay for reasonable prices. They may be marketed as bendable or flexible.
missing/deleted image from Google+

@Mark_Estes cool I was wondering if you were indeed using a bunch of 16x16 panels wired together. Nice.

@chad_steinglass i also started with scrolling rainbows. the Wheel function was my friend.

@Mark_Estes nice. I get the cursing of soldering :wink:

@Mark_Estes super cool man

@Yves_BAZIN yeah, been there done that (the soldering). 24x24 was enough of a pain already

That said a crazy friend of mine did do 64x64 1.5 years ago now, using single strips

Awesome ! I’ll have a look in detail asap. Thx for sharing !!

@Marc_MERLIN i have the sole solder iron ;). Yes but no pain no led :wink:

@Yves_BAZIN you meant “same” I suppose? :slight_smile:

@Marc_MERLIN Indeed :wink:

I gave up using strips after making a 22 x 22, a 27 x 27 and a 43 x 43

I am at the 14th line. Doing a large one like this I am learning a lot :slight_smile:missing/deleted image from Google+