As a statement to the danger of calling shenanigans on 3D Printers "stealing" each

@Brook_Drumm , I know I’m one of the loudmouths especially when it comes to people taking open source and using it as their own. In fact I’ve even spoken out about a guy in india that took the printrbot jr design, laser cut it out of acrylic, and renamed it as if it were his own and started attempting to sell kits.

The problem is never with incorporating ideas, it’s about supporting them, not working off of other peoples files (you guys create 100% your own original files!), and generally figuring things out and giving credit where it’s due. You guys do ALL of that. Keep it up, and keep incorporating ideas that you guys think would be beneficial! I know quite a few people who own your machines, and at least one guy who hasn’t owned anything other than printrbot machines and swears by them.

@ThantiK Thanks for your comments. We weren’t always doing great customer support. I must say that kickstarter brings wildly random and unrealistic expectations and I struggled under that. Now that it is fairly straight forward- you buy, we ship. I just decided I would treat people like I would want to be treated. I love helping even the rude ones b/c that’s where it counts.

Giving the files away is about a belief in the community. Sometimes I fear people will hurt my brand by botching it or selling on eBay or in another country with crappy support or bad quality. In the end, no one will support their hardware like we will. We love our customers and this community even if they don’t spend money here.

Stay tuned for more printers (and files) from us very soon