Anyone want to hire me for OpenSCAD file design?

I am unemployed, bored and looking for income. Anyone want me to design some OpenSCAD files for you to print? Yes, OpenSCAD is actually my design tool of choice. I will export to STL files as well. Groups of people want to chip in little bits? Sure. Go ahead. Want me to release the files on Thingiverse when we are done? Sure. Just say what licenses and we can discuss other details about the thing publication.

Am I nuts for looking for work here? Maybe. I figure it is worth a shot and I will learn something if I succeed or fail.

Feel free to remove this post if I am violating rules. I honestly could not find any rules at all for the site.

3 Likes

No problems with your post. And I may have some work for you in the near future to do a couple of stl’s for me. I want to modify a CNC dust boot, and I am sure you could handle that, I have seen some of your designs that you have posted before.

3 Likes

What is your hourly rate?

I dunno, @HalfNormal . I just decided I would give it a shot. Maybe $10/hour.

Very reasonable…maybe too cheap!

We will see if the amount of time it takes seems reasonable. As I gain confidence that I am doing a good job at a good speed, I may raise the price for future projects. The new guy can’t get away with charging as much and has to prove himself first.

1 Like

@NathanielStenzel It might be helpful if you post a link to some of your previous work so people can see what you are capable of.

It turns out that I did not update my profile since 2013. hahaha

1 Like

I recently designed some foot caps for patio furniture and some weed whacker blades for prints for some neighbors. The weed whacker blades are probably not something that should be 3D printed but it is interesting to see how close I can get. Concentric layers are important, I think. ABS and PLA might not be suitable. The test that I did on an incomplete blade with the wrong layer style shattered when he hit something hard with it. Hahaha

Well, if you need a designer, let me know. I will be around.

Thanks for the work. The pay was better than expected.

1 Like

Would you still be interested in doing any OpenSCAD file design?

Yeah. I am not sure what price to charge anymore though. Prices went up in the USA. So did minimum wages.

Cool, take a look at this post and hit me up on DM there if you think it would be something you are interested in.
https://www.reddit.com/r/openscad/comments/16rzj7j/project_help_harbor_freight_storage_boxes/

for the labels, check out Prusa Slicer since once you have a compartment with the area for putting the label, Prusa Slicer will let you add text to that surface. ie varible text added in the slicer, not in the CAD model itself.