Anyone in US interested to get their hands on "Dauerdruckplatte" aluminum PEI coated with

Anyone in US interested to get their hands on “Dauerdruckplatte” aluminum PEI coated with red colored finish? I actually just want one for myself but the supplier in German has minimum order of 5 plates… the plate is for prusa i3 so would fit MK2 pcb heater dimension

Update1:
plate dimension 216mm x 216mm x 5mm with holes 209x209 mm apart square total shipped to california 260 Euro
Let me know if there’s enough interest

Update2:
3 spot left.
@Evan_Nguyen

How much per? I was going to make one myself

at min 5? Didn’t you talk to Frank?

I did get one already. But now I want one with red color… :slight_smile: and he wants min. 5

Yeah, coloring is really sophisticated. And it doesn’t pay for itself with only one piece…

@Evan_Nguyen I’ll update the post when I get the pricing.

post updated with price

~$56 per plate? I guess I’m good for one.

Yup roughly the same cost with mine right now with no color.

I’ll pay for everything first until it arrives in my hand, I’ll post a picture and then you guys can paypal me later

@Step_Cia where do you order that? It is very expensive. Look at these products: http://www.filafarm.de/collections/druckbetten

AFAIK it is better quality and support is very good and they should be cheaper (also shipping to USA).

I myself had a Filaprint and it was very good. After I sold my printer, I am now planning on getting a Filabase as new printer has no heatbed.

@Hakan_Evirgen filafarm products are completely different. They still sell PEI-Sheets or CFK/GFK with PEI Sheets glued on. And the other one product they sell, their so called “precision-plates”, are totally the same as @Step_Cia mentioned above, with nearly the same pricetag. Not to mention, that they jumped on the train very late…

@Rene_Jurack can you explain this more in detail? Until now I had only Filaprint. So I do not know, what else is there and what is best suitable for what.

@Hakan_Evirgen Imagine all the pro’s of your experience with filaprint and add to this a perfectly machined flatness, rigidness and also the possibility of automatic contact-free bedleveling. Furthermore add better energy efficiency when heated and longer durability.

@Rene_Jurack so then what would you recommend for me? For a couple of days I have the bq Prusa i3 Hephestos 2, which has print bed of A4 size and does not have a heated bed. So I want to have a heated bed for it as well as permanent printing plate/coating/whatever. And where to buy in Europe?

Cool. If i didn’t care about the color but needed a PEI coated alu plate in 300x300mm for a Lulzbot Taz, where would be the best place to find one for shipment to the US?

@James_Kao ​ last time I got my plate shipped from http://clever3d.de

could not wait for 5 plates so I asked if they can send me 2 plates. here you go just got it today. https://goo.gl/photos/B8Fb5B6mHa5eXZe98

cost is higher though $72 each plate so @Evan_Nguyen I won’t hold you if you decide not to go through. Let me know I will offer it to someone else. thx

That’s a little steep. Let me think about it. If you find a buyer for it go ahead. I’m not dying need of one.