Anyone here try loches x axis upgrade?

(Jim Squirrel) #1

Anyone here try loches x axis upgrade?

(Thomas T. Sørensen) #2

Another day, another person thinking that fixing the leadscrews in place is an upgrade.

(Jim Squirrel) #3

relocating the top rails and lifting the lead screw to expose thread that was going unused. it’s working with what you already have. i was just curious how well it works

(Thomas T. Sørensen) #4

I didn’t really look into the other changes, I just immediately noticed that the Z-screws are locked in place at the bottom, something which has been shown time and time again to be a really bad idea!

(Thomas Sanladerer) #5

It also looks like it’s going to make the flimsy triangular frame even wobblier than it already is - if you’re fine printing at an average speed of about 10mm/sec, then go for it.

(matthew bennett) #6

I printed these, but I can’t take apart my working prusa to test. I suspect it’d be more wobbly if it’s taller like this. Then I just want an i3 upgrade instead.

(Mike Creuzer) #7

I’ve started printing these. crappy bridging and forgot to support some of the parts so I have to reprint.

I don’t put the bearing in the bottom, so the z threaded rod is free to roam as sees fit. Being that I’ve bent my Z rods, it wanders a lot. Gonna swap out my Zs with the bottom pair of cross rods.

I’ve asked some of the thingiverse peeps who printed it, and they like it.

(matthew bennett) #8

I swapped my Z rods for 5/16" threaded. Apparently metric is much better… I also let them wander unconstrained at the bottom, and they’re a little bent. The prints still come out great.