Anyone having trouble with Elegoo Neptune 4 pro Z-axis settings?

I stumbled upon the fix – I think.

I uploaded the latest firmware from their site (…53) and followed the instructions to install the “fix…” option (actually Klipper) first then the “firmware” Did that and still had the Z-access problem.

I decided to re-install both, but this time I did the “firmware” first then the “…fix” and bingo all is well with my world. The Klipper in the web-browser looked a little different and first layers are perfectly controllable etc.

After that update – do not – use the Klipper G29 or Mesh options. Use only the touch-screen for setting Z-offset and then run the mesh there. You can make changes and save the the offset in Klipper, but only after loading a file to print. If the z-offset shows “0.000” do not change it there. Go back to the touch-screen.

When happy, go to the Klipper interface and “Config” section. Open the “printer.cfg” and look for this code and add the touch-screen Mesh data. “BED_MESH_PROFILE LOAD=11” The save and restart. I found this “BED_MESH_PROFILE LOAD=11” online and can’t recall where to thank that person.

Blockquote
[gcode_macro PRINT_START]
gcode:
SAVE_VARIABLE VARIABLE=was_interrupted VALUE=True
G92 E0
G90
CLEAR_PAUSE
BED_MESH_PROFILE LOAD=11 #ADD THIS LINE
M117 Printing

Just thought I’d share as it may help others.

1 Like