anyone have tips on printing with the 3mm taulman filament on ultimaker ?

anyone have tips on printing with the 3mm taulman filament on ultimaker ? just tried and got a total block after 30 mins, tried 240-250-260 degrees and 28mm feedrate…had to disassemble the head to get the clogged nylon out…i measure the dia to 3.12 - 3.13mm…maybe my bowden tube are to slim on the inside?

could be, hate it when that happens

You’re the first I’ve heard of to try nylon through a bowden extruder. Those have always had more trouble with more flexible filament, so it may turn out that you just can’t use one for printing nylon.

It’ll be quite difficult, especially at higher speeds. If you print slowly, it may work ok.

Yeah, if I were going to try it, I would probably start by disabling retraction and printing really slowly with really fast travel to limit stringing. That’s how a bowden extruder works most reliably.

f*ck…got 3 spools of this, also on http://www.taulman3d.com/testers.html there are several ultimaker testers listed…so I figured I’d be ok…tried printing in PLA again, prints looks like shit now :slight_smile: theres black burned blobs all over the place and strings everywhere…maybe i’ll try again soon…need to get my confidence and good PLA prints back first.

You’ve gotta have a really good, grippy extruder for Nylon too. Low-quality hobbed bolts just won’t do.

@cato_hagen I’ve been printing the taulman nylon at 205c, sounds like you’re way too hot