Anyone ever have problems with motors not staying on full power when you click

Anyone ever have problems with motors not staying on full power when you click Motors full power during tool changes or when clicking the Energize motors button? Mine go full power for 2 seconds then turn off by themselves each time I click the button. They will not stay on. once upon a time it used to work but lately it doesn’t. This makes tool changes… challenging, as I might accidentally move it while changing the tool.
TinyG V8 controller.

That energize button is supposed to keep resending the energize command at 1.8 seconds or so to keep it going. Do you see that in the serial console? You can also set your timeout longer in TinyG to say 60 seconds or longer. I agree you want energize for tool changes.

I turned off the filter in the serial console and clicked on the energize button. The TinyG energized all motors for 2 seconds and then went off. The serial console printed the following and never repeated again.

{“me”:""}
{“me”:""}
{“Lbs”:0}
{“r”:{“me”:null},“f”:[1,0,10,3586]}

Hmm. Doesn’t look like it’s repeating. It’s possible I turned that off for some reason. My suggestion would be to set your timeout wayyyyyy longer then.

Ok, I just sent TinyG $mt=60 to set the motor idle timeout to 60 seconds. That’ll do as a workaround to at least allow me to change tools easily. Hopefully some day that’ll get fixed. :stuck_out_tongue: