Anybody know a good source of wire frame designs to engrave on acrylic?

Anybody know a good source of wire frame designs to engrave on acrylic?

Ive been searching also, so I can make one of those 3D looking acrylic lights. There are hard to find. Blender does have a 3D wire frame mode, I just havent had the time to play around with it.

Thanks for the tip about blender, I’ll look into that.

The best I have used is rhino, but if you learn blender it will give you more control

There are a lot of blender tutorials, and it’s free which is real nice. Basically, it is a modifier called wire frame that you apply to a mesh. There is a bit of a learning curve, but you will be able to do a lot once you get the hang of it.

@funinthefalls - stumbled on these last week on an facebook board: http://buildowncnc.blogspot.com.eg/2017/11/3d-led-illusion-for-free.html There’s other’s there too if you have time to dig.

@Michael_Audette Did you try any of these files? I cannot seem to load them.

I was able to load them in Inkscape, but not Corel. Good find @Michael_Audette

The facebook group has a files section as well. Mostly for CNC engraving and there are somewhat regular post of projects and finishing techniques from folks who do this stuff for a living…but there are also relative noobs as well. Just search for the group named “CNC Tips, Tricks and Project Finishing”

Thank you @Michael_Audette for the info. Much appreciated.