Any of you geniuses here have any idea how i could go about modeling

Any of you geniuses here have any idea how i could go about modeling one of these? I know 3D printed wont be clear but thats irrelevant. I just need to be able to print about 50 of them for my decorations lol

Maybe with Blender

Think you would be able to pull it off?

Get a glass or some container tall enough to submerge the lights in, fill it with a clear epoxy and dip them let them dry and repeat until they are the thickness you desire. Never tried it, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work.

A non-3D printing aproach. Interesting

Might be a good idea to apply the epoxy between the lights first before you start dipping so it won’t bulge in and out between the lights.

Rather buy decorations in a shop and then modify them yourself , as required . Edible decorations can be consumed after their removal . Discarded glass jars and bottles may be spray - painted and fitted with LED lights through their metal lids .

2 part snap together print. Easy peasy. Faster to print, holds lights, no problem. Glue them together with epoxy if needed. Epoxy is messy, expensive, and fairly heavy, I’d only use it so glue and fill gaps for waterproofing.

Yeah but a pack of those things is $40 and id need 3 or 4 of them so thats $160 plus my own hardware lol

@Neal_Grieb designing that shape is hard for me. Im used to squares and holes in f360

That would just be a cone, then a shell. Then import the finished shell STL in Blender, user the remesh modifier, and alter the outside if you really want the crackled look. What size are the bulbs?

That works :slight_smile:

WS2812B LED strips

Nice. I was thinking it’s now possible to do different color themes with WS LEDs to make light string decorations more broadly usable. Then it could be “spooky” colors for October, harvest colors for the rest of autumn, and whatever colors you like for December. Patriotic colors for your country’s independence day celebrations.

Yeup. I want those crystals for christmas lol. Ive never used blender before but theres always a first :slight_smile:

What are the physical dimensions of the fattest part of the strands? I can make you a quick tutorial.

Like the Led Strand?

I believe theyre 10mm wide i can double check thou

As far as the icicles they can vary in size including length. Variations are welcome so a tutorial would be amazing

Just buy them, can’t get much cheaper than that when you factor in led’s and wiring. Go to a discount store, and ask for an additional discount cause your buying 50.