Anti-virus warnings on GrblGru 3.39

I am doing something wrong. Windows 7, if I even unpack the exe file from the Zip file, Windows Security Essentials says “Detected threats are being cleaned” and the folder is empty.

I downloaded 3.39.0 from the GrblGru website. I’m very interested in drag knife support.

1 Like

You need to turn off your antivirus so it will not delete the files. it is very safe and secure to use this program. I’ve been using it for years.

1 Like

This is apparently how you tell Microsoft about these things; either they take it off their list or find that it’s actually been infected by a virus.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission

Since I’m on Linux, I don’t have experience actually using that site… :slight_smile:

@GrblGru note there is a way to submit the files as a software developer and you can say you believe it was incorrectly identified. I think that requires an MSDN account but since you are writing windows-only software I suspect you’ve already done that.

@Steven_Greenfield you can submit the file as a home user without creating an account, or create an account if necessary in order to follow up.

1 Like

This is what I get:

Trojan:Win32/Bearfoos.Alml

Category: Trojan

Description: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.

Recommended action: Remove this software immediately.

Items:
file:C:\Users\User\Dropbox\CNC\GRBLGRU\GrblGru-installer-V3.39.0.exe

Get more information about this item online.

Microsoft reports no problems, pending final analysis. Maybe they’ll correct their definitions so it doesn’t keep doing this.

I use Avast paid edition and it says that it is clean.

I think my problem was in trying to install it from Dropbox. I downloaded it to my Dropbox, opened and tried to install from there.

I moved it to the desktop, then it installed fine. I can see I have a lot to figure out in this program.

Sorry, I just saw that I’m late again, but I saw also that the problem could be solved.
Maybe I can add the hint that I check GrblGru regularly with a very professional and unfortunately also very expensive :frowning: program or viruses.

@mcdanlj & @HalfNormal
Many thanks for your help :slight_smile:

@Steven_Greenfield
You’re welcome, of course. It’s been a while since I developed the drag knife mode. I don’t know if you know the video I’ve attached here.
Please let me know if you have any problems. I am very sure that we can get this to work.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: GrblGru not reporting status correctly on arduino mega 2560