Another quick colour mixing print test from 3DR,

gplus
(Richard Horne) #1

Another quick colour mixing print test from 3DR, this one’s at 0.1mm layers - print time of 27mins.

(Perry Ismangil) #2

Waiting for the 3DR to be available as kit or to be RepRapped :slight_smile:

(Richard Horne) #3

And for reference this model is the Twisted Floral Vase by cmetzel http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:55203

(Ashley Reynolds (Cracky Crafter)) #4

That is amazing.

(Jeff Keegan) #5

Beautiful!

(Richard Horne) #6

Thanks, still experimenting with clever ways to drive the extruders, at the bottom it’s ‘dithering’ and at the top they are running at variable speeds. Speed mixing is better :slight_smile:

(Martin Hasek) #7

Wow, looks great!

(Ibrahim Kocaalioglu) #8

Congratulations. It looks really nice.

(Richard Horne) #9

@Sanjay_Mortimer yes that was with Slic3r’s new spiral function, so nice to use and quite quick to print on the 3DR delta. It was almost 3 times a long to print on the MendelMax using ‘normal’ layers.

I did think about active mixing, but found a good way to get nice blending using just passive components inside the melt chamber, they still force a spiral and flat blending process to ensure the different feeds are being churned and folded together. I hope this will continue to work well as I didn’t want the hassle of sealing moving active mixing parts to the outside. Still need to do a lot more testing on the many feed version, but it’s looking promising.