Am I missing something?

Am I missing something? Is the K40 suppose to be recognized as a printer when I plug it in? Not having much luck installed lzrdraw any advice how to get cutting tonight?

No but the software (and its usb hardware lock) should see it.

Let me double check if this cheepo USB hub is working that might be my problem

I think the computer should at least recognize the usb chipset and ask to install a driver.

I haven’t seen that yet… Trying to get this to run on my win10 tablet.

Win10 may be the issue. Its discussed a lot in the facebook group but honestly I haven’t followed the conversations.

Whats the name of the FB group?

@Susan_Moroney ​ I have the m2 board have you tried the lzrdraw software that was included on the CD? Does it just work to ( if you have tried it)

100% what @Susan_Moroney said. That’s the exact process I used for Windows 10 also. No drivers required that I recall of. You won’t see it as a printer (or even any connected device) anywhere in Windows.

@Yuusuf_Sallahuddin_Y ​ didn’t you post a Dropbox for Corel?

@Alex_Krause Yeah I did a while back for Corel x5 & CorelLaser install & install instructions in text file & updated .ini files for the text within the program (because spelling errors were driving me nuts).

Here’s a link to the folder: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lcpw8qlad8tsw5p/AAB1EFmRZTgvn9_huu6UsrK_a?dl=0

You will want to grab the entire lot if you are doing a clean install of it all.

@Alex_Krause ​ I’m following every step
Picking laser tomorrow

@Yuusuf_Sallahuddin_Y ​ is it OK to update Corel? When it asks me to

I ticked or selected to allow it to auto update, so it should be. However I did notice that if you open CorelDraw, after a few goes it might mention that it is pirated version & will “expire”. I just ignored it & have stopped opening it via CorelDraw & only use the CorelLaser icon to open it now. Since then I haven’t seen any messages about pirated version or any expire messages. Will have to wait & see over time though, since it’s only been a couple of weeks since I installed it.

@Alex_Krause ​ LaserDRW is a standalone laser app. You can do some stuff natively (create text engraves, draw shapes to cut etc). What it also is useful for is testing the new machine.

When you fire it up with the USB dongle plugged in you should see it checking the dongle and updating the splash screen with something to the effect that it’s authorized.

Then go into the settings and set the machine type and serial #. The type is the only entry in the drop down box that ends in M2. The serial number is on your board - you’ll see the standard etch type silkscreen numbers and also an 8 or 10 digit inked number. That’s the serial number.

Once you set those it will communicate properly with the laser. Draw a box and then hit engrave. Click the “starting” button in the pop-up window and watch the magic :slight_smile:

Win10 is not an issue, btw. I use it myself.

Guys I’m getting this on Windows 10 64bit http://imgur.com/yUW5mor

@Ariel_Yahni_UniKpty ​ did you install the files @Yuusuf_Sallahuddin_Y ​ posted? Or the one included on the CD?

From @Yuusuf_Sallahuddin_Y ​ Dropbox. I’m on a mac running virtual windows ( that should not be an issue) key gets recognized