Alright guys. Having issues with my azteeg.

Alright guys.

Having issues with my azteeg.

well maybe my problem is universal, as it involves the Arduino IDE and Pronterface

When Azteeg X3 connected with the jumper set to usb and marlin upload is attempted. it succeeds

When Azteeg X3 connected with the jumper set to Select ( which uses the internal regulator) and the external PSU is used and marlin upload is attempted. it times out or hangs…or fiales in some way

with azteeg x3 having a succesful write. connect to pronterface with hte jumper set to usb and external power applied.

pronterface can see and echo the board.

but m119 and m114 return NOTHING not even x00 y00 z00
same when jumper set to select with pronterface
motors will not make a clonk noise even.

Vref set to 1v
1.5a max motors with SD8825 Stepper Drivers.
motor wires have been swapped to all possible configurations.

Connecting…
start
Printer is now online.
echo:Marlin1.0.0
echo: Last Updated: Feb 5 2016 21:55:29 | Author: (Eric Lien, Lien3D_HercuLien)
Compiled: Feb 5 2016
echo: Free Memory: 3721 PlannerBufferBytes: 1232
echo:Hardcoded Default Settings Loaded

m114
SENDING:M114
m119
SENDING:M119

Any ideas? this is with the marlin version in the herculien git repository.

i also need to do a new one for the viki2 as the one in the repository doesnt support it. but the viki2 isnt connected yet and im just trying to shake the problems out before i attempt to modify marlin ( yay i have no idea what im doing there lol, if someone could throw a marlin for viki2 that would be great )

I wonder if the onboard 5v regulator is toast?

if that were the case would switching to usb power not fix that? im thinking maybe the bootloader is somehow corrupt ( this is similar to what i head to deal with a sainsmart melzi)

I love brainstorming ideas. But I have to hear back from Roy if I can desolder the zener to make sure

new developments.

uploaded the test code from the azteeg site. and everything functions as it should.

tested power fro ma 5v pin to negative. 4.948v

even whilst running the code.

flashed with herculien git marlin. flashed fine.

went into pronterface. connected fine

went to home or do a status on the limit switches i get nothing.

m114 will not even post a single thing neither will m119

ie.

Connecting…
start
Printer is now online.
echo:Marlin1.0.0
echo: Last Updated: Feb 5 2016 21:55:29 | Author: (Eric Lien, Lien3D_HercuLien)
Compiled: Feb 5 2016
echo: Free Memory: 3721 PlannerBufferBytes: 1232
echo:Hardcoded Default Settings Loaded

m114
SENDING:M114
m119
SENDING:M119

yes. by using the home button. sending a g28. etc.

they will not budge and i get no response back from any gcode
or mcode

they were all at the axis end stops. i have also tried with everything at center.

multimeter says continuity when not depressed and circuit break when pressed ( NC switch)

@Jim_Stone I run normally open on mine. You will need to invert the endstops.

just did the invert. and no dice :frowning: i was hoping that was it.

// The pullups are needed if you directly connect a mechanical endswitch between the signal and ground pins.
const bool X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Y_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool X_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Y_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Z_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.

they were true before

New Development.

its something to do with the marlin in the herculien github ( maybe the azteeg is too new or something idk)

but i started to use a new marlin config on it. and started to slowly modifying it to match the one in the github.

so far the new one im doing is working. i can get triggers. and i can get position

Break in gcode seems to be only using half the area. i have the max area setup correctly. perhaps i dont have the steps set. not sure how to do that.

halp?