Alright everyone has been asking about z solutions for the ingentis this was the

Alright everyone has been asking about z solutions for the ingentis this was the solution I decided on several months ago. I printed it on my then not very well calibrated Mendel big12. Also the STK was 2x to big when I dl’d it from thing diverse and saw wouldn’t recognize features. Do I made the hub and the holes 2x to big and in Cura printed ½ scale. I think Bette can be done and a reduction worm box someone posted is my next try enjoy

c3ff8fe329e2684b6b9ddf6e8a8b680c.gif

Actually i plan to use 2 10mm Trapezoidal screws on mine/

Good job.

Largely thinking about doing the “same thing” except with a 5.18:1 planetary gear reduction - Should provide a nice non-printed solution, hold the bed on both sides to prevent cantilever forces, and be largely straightforward.

And I just realized, nope. Screw that idea. Turns into 1036 steps/rotation - so 1/1036 turns into some really nasty repeating number Would be near impossible to get nice round numbers for step/layer height.

What is a good radio to shoot for @ThantiK ?

Problem is, planetary gears naturally have a non-integer number. As long as it’s an integer it’s fine. If it was 5:1 (instead of 5.18:1) then it would be 1000 steps per rotation. and you’d have 0.001 step resolution. Which would be perfect.

Just an aside here:

Video looked great on my phone filled up the whole screen :slight_smile:

finally watched the link. ok firstly I’m sorry, secondly that was hilarious

@D_Rob LOL! No need to be sorry, just friendly ribbing. :wink:

@Carlton_Dodd I know, but I really didn’t even think about that