All, I have been assembling a larger size Talos printer with print area that

All, I have been assembling a larger size Talos printer with print area that is larger than a TAZ5 printer over the last few weeks.

I was looking for a printer with the direct drive #Bondtech mini extruder, to try flexible filaments that was not easily possible on the HercuLien or Rostock MAX V2. I still have tuning to do but the first prints have been exceptional with limited amount of tuning and will start soon with Flexible filaments.

My TAZ4 donated the glass and a few minor items, the rest is all new with 110VAC heat bed. The Talos all metal printer design is far more rigid, prints at higher speeds and quality than my TAZ4. Several of the printers parts (metal and plastic) were adjusted to match my selected components, and a few new ones were added.

I agree with @Eclsnowman , @Alex_Lee you designed a heck of a printer, far superior in print quality and overall print speed than the TAZ4 it has replaced and this printer gives the best surface finish of any of my 3 printers.

Here are a few quick images of the printer and some calibration pieces that were printed on this Talos.

Wonderful prints. Now you make me jealous I didn’t build a bigger version :slight_smile:

Also the yellow color scheme is great. So glad you agree with me on the quality and performance Alex packed into this printer.

Yes great printer, I thought the original design was too small. Now have to order the flexible filament.

@Marc_McDonald ​ my recommendation would be try Sainsmart Flexible first (harder durometer). Then try ninjaflex. I only mention this because you can go faster with the Sainsmart and still get good flex depending on your infill and perimeters. Plus its cheaper to play with and make mistakes. Then graduate to Ninjaflex which I will admit is amazing filament and far more flexible, but does require more tuning to get dialed in.

@Marc_McDonald The yellow does look incredible! those are also some really nice prints. So nice to see a Talos in the wild!

@Marc_McDonald how much did this end up costing?

+Alex Lee​ have you released any specs for your 12x12 Spartan? I was hoping to build such an upscaled Spartan with my son this summer.

@Robert_Clayton I need to finish working on the BOM for the big Talos, but I should definitely get it done by this Summer :smiley:

@Alex_Lee ​ Will there be any plate kits available for the big Talos?