After viewing a couple of blog posts relayed through this community I decided to

After viewing a couple of blog posts relayed through this community I decided to play around a little with different layer heights just for fun. I’m running a Budaschnozzle w/0.35mm nozzle on a OB1.4 printer, green MakerFarm 3mm ABS filament at 225C extruder and 110C print bed temp, Slic3r 0.9.9, Perimeters are running at 15mm/s

I had been running .25mm layer heights for most of my prints, but for these I tried 0.2, 0.1 and 0.05

The bottom of the 0.05 zoom is a bit funky because I use Slic3r to print 0-1mm of object height at 0.25m layer height, then it switches to 0.2, 0.1 or 0.05 for the rest of the print, 1mm-5mm of the object height so you can see a bit of that in the pic.

I don’t print a lot of ‘pretty stuff’ so I doubt I’d use these often, but it was fun to mess with.

Not sure if serious or if you’re being rhetorical for some reason :smiley: Much faster of course, it makes a huge difference. At .05mm the print took about 1hr 48 minutes, at .2mm it took about 25. at .25mm with faster perimeters I’ve printed it out in a bit over 10. At .05 that part would be 100 individual layers, at .6 it’s only 8.3