After struggling with PETG on an E3D Volcano I decided to revisit the idea

After struggling with PETG on an E3D Volcano I decided to revisit the idea of a dual V6/Volcano carriage for the Herculien. Waiting on some brass inserts (no more captive nuts) before I can test it. Oh, and I need to buy a V6 now…

The plan is to mount the hot ends using threaded brass inserts and some M3 screws to hold it in place. Should allow for adjustments of nozzle heights over 1-2 mm as well as easy removal of the hot ends and access to the bowden pushfit connectors. Designed to print without supports.

Sexy carriage. That’s what stopped me from getting a volcano. Cause I don’t always need mega size

Beautiful work. BTW what is the slot on the top.

Just a thought, have you considered using an E3D Chimera with two volcano heads, one with a small nozzle diameter (0.4) and the other with a larger diameter (0.8)? That is, only if your problems stem from the larger diameter nozzle as the source of your oozing problems

@Eclsnowman the slots are to zip tie the wires for electronics. I will post an update when I install it

@Ishaan_Gov The benefit of the Volcano is the extended melt zone, not just larger nozzles. This allows for much faster speed with traditional nozzle sizes. However, it’s a lot more work to dial in the right settings

@Zane_Baird if you want buy V6 hotends, I have two to sell here: one is not even assembled and other has been used just for some test prints (Benchy and 0.5mm cube). I do not need them as I switched to Chimera.