After several false starts I have managed to print my first puzzle in nylon using Taulman 618. Blue tape worked at first but didn’t adhere to the bed strongly enough. Switched to Whale brand Tufnol but still experienced quite severe warping with several parts coming unstuck. A further lowering of the Z height and switching from 100% to 25% infill seemed to do the trick. The edges still lifted but at least the pieces went together.
hello Richard! Did you see your vid btw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8uEPESgWLg
I found a 3mm brim made a significant difference. Anyone tried any large parts yet?
Throw a piece of birch plywood on there - works a charm, without the need for a heated bed. Blue tape just doesn’t stick well enough. I’ve got some Garolite, but haven’t had time to test it, plus it will require a heated bed whereas the wood doesn’t.
I use Phenolic G11 with hairspray and no problem for now… Maybe you should try hairspray on your Tufnol plate
We use Garolite LE (also know as linen industrial laminate, phenolic, or Bakelite) without heat bed and work great… sometimes too great. But you do need a very thick piece, nylon will grab and warp thin stuff.
Try using PVA/Elmers glue dissolved in water (ratio 1:10). Wipe the heated bed with the solution and start printing directly when it is not wet anymore.
@Mano_Biletsky_Open_M I’ve heard a lot of people give that advice, and that didn’t work for me at all.