After many, many attempts I finally got one somewhat successful print of the treefrog.

After many, many attempts I finally got one somewhat successful print of the treefrog. Printed with support in .3mm layer height.
The print had some small holes (I printed with 0% infill, and Slic3r does not create support inside the model) which I fixed with some excess PLA and tweezers heated over a zippo. Pics show the waste from failed prints, the fixed up frog, the frog with support and with support removed.

perhaps you should try cura and .2 layers. The .2 layers are better for the steep overhangs as they tend not to sag that much. Ive printed it without support and it worked good. Will post a pic if youre interested.

Looks fine :slight_smile:

The latests version of slic3r just got the option of printing infill only where it internally supports overhangs - i haven’t tried it yet but it should take care of those nasty top holes.

Your first pic just made me lol, it looks more like a prototype of the first teleporter. Anyway, thanks for sharing that :slight_smile:

Ugh… I just updated to the latest slicer and printed a quartet of dead simple rings, and after it printed them fine, it proceeded to spew garbage over the top of two of them - I checked the gcode, and sure enough, slicer had added a layer of criss-cross over the top - not tight, as if it was closing with a solid surface, but maybe spurious support material? Ick.

I’m sure that’s not what you meant by taking care of nasty top holes… but maybe it’s trying a bit too hard for that?