Achievement Unlocked: Perfect 2-color printing with Slic3r. No cleanup was done on this.

Achievement Unlocked: Perfect 2-color printing with Slic3r.

No cleanup was done on this. Ever notice how the 2-color prints on a Makerbot always have bits of oozing plastic from the other nozzle sticking out? Not on a Bukobot.

That looks sharp, great job.

Great looking print. Any chance you took a video or time lapse?

Not on this one, but the time lapse rig @Diego_Porqueras_Deez and I built would be perfect for this. We should pull out the camera again…

Heard anything on the “outlaw” 3D printers?? They are already saying you can make guns with them. What’s next? lol

sighs@ThantiK your turn

Impressive! And interested!

awesome

Very nice and clean print, are you turning the temps of each extruder up and down before they switch? or doing a lot of wipe moves.

Pretty fantastic.

Any tips? :slight_smile: I’m planning to add a dual setup to my MG Prusa at some point. I have a couple of QU-BD extruders that I’m hoping to recycle the hot-ends from and either modify enough to mount on the Prusa or perhaps convert to use in a bowden setup.

The qu-bd nozzles would be great for dual but with such short nozzles be careful not to melt your printed carriage from the heater blocks heat. Also, change to @Whosa_whatsis mod from better performance http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:15718

Thanks for the tips @Diego_Porqueras_Deez ! Yeah I’ve had zero luck with the “drive” portion of the QU-BD’s so some modification will be part of the plan (and I really like the @Whosa_whatsis one you point out, nice and minimal :slight_smile:

A writeup on how to slice two colors with Slic3r would be awesome :wink:

@Ross_Hendrickson now that I have it all figured out, that’s on my list of things to do.

@Richard_Horne Yes, the inactive extruder is being cooled to a standby temperature to prevent oozing. I’ll post all the details when I have time to do a full writeup.

Sweet!

Yeah I can’t wait to read that @Whosa_whatsis !

oh man… now I want a duel extruder reprap.