About the GrblGru category

GrblGru is a 3D CAM simulation and GCode sender for Windows

GrblGru is a CAM program with 3D simulation for milling machines and lathes. For example, you can virtually view a ShapeOko or an X-Carve machine while processing your GCode and check if there are any collisions. The special thing about it is that you can also integrate a 3D model of your own DIY machine into the program.

Furthermore the program can be used like the Universal GCode sender to send GCode to Arduino Uno with Grbl, to TinyG or to Arduino Due with g2core.

The program and some information about it can be downloaded for free from my website at https://GrblGru.com

This category is for GrblGru discussion, help, and new version announcements.

2 Likes

Hi GrblGru,

I have a CNC FoamCutter running on Mega+CNC Shield and GRBL HotWire Mega 5X firmware.
Jedicut is used for GCode generation. My plan was to use GrblGru software for simulation using Jedicut GCode.

What stops me from using GrblGuru software at the moment is the issue with GCode recognition. When I try to drop generated Gcode into the program nothing happens, countours do not appear in working space. Could you please advise me on this issue?

I also watched your latest youtube videos on CNC cutter simulation and have noticed that neither version v5.1.0 nor v5.1.3 has a “Foam cutter parameter” panel. But that is just minor thing.

Sorry, but the program part is currently no longer active. :frowning:

I have been trying to develop a program for a foam cutter for some time now in several attempts. But I am not a model maker and I don’t have a foam cutter machine. Therefore I have no practical experience and can’t do any tests myself. Unfortunately, I have also received very little feedback on the program, so I have put it on hold for now.

I would be happy to resume the topic if I can find someone who has the knowledge and can tell me exactly what is required. Maybe you can help me ? :slight_smile:

However, I will be on vacation for 3 weeks starting tomorrow and could only start afterwards.