A very nice (I've played with prototypes) controller board from Panucatt devices (makers of

A very nice (I’ve played with prototypes) controller board from Panucatt devices (makers of Azteeg electronics and SureStepr drivers).
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1245051645/viki-lcd-a-sleek-lcd-control-interface-for-your-3d

looks a tiny bit like NES :wink:

But I don’t like the IPod-looking controller wheel.

yeah . should be a Zapper instead

Ooh, that is beautiful.

@Nils_Hitze I was going to say it looked a little like R2D2

What is the MCU upgrade kit? I love all of their products. I have some of them in person and the quality and construction is great! Wicked cool looking too! Don’t worry @Torfinn_Ingolfsen you can get it in black too! :stuck_out_tongue:

The MCU upgrade kit is an Atmega 1284 to replace your old 644 and give you enough RAM to use the interface on an older board. I believe it’s the the SMD version, so it won’t be an easy install if you have a board that can take the upgrade…

The description says (or seems to say) SMD or DIP versions are available for the ATMega 1284 upgrade.

Ah, cool. Not sure if the page was updated or I just didn’t read closely enough, but that is what it says.