A printed in ColorFabb NGEN.

A #3DBenchy printed in ColorFabb NGEN. Printed on the CTCForge, which calibration is a bitch being powered by a Flashforge Mightyboard. Straight off the printer, retraction settings need to be raised a hell of a lot due to the stringing, but so far, I’m loving NGEN. The CTCForge is crap at bridging and drops strands all over the place, and likes to be hot, so this is the perfect Filament for it. I’ve not had a failure yet touch wood it just holds at 75/80°c on the bed with a coat of hairspray. It prints even easier than the XT and PLA/PHA. Safe to say, that this is now my go-to filament.

Yeah you need to have a lot more retraction. Other than that looks pretty good.

Yeah, it was set at 2mm, probably needs to go to about 3.5-4ish with NGEN

Aye, although I use Simplify3D for slicing,which has everything in. I was more meaning calibrating Extruder Steps/mm and PID tuning it. As the older Replicator series printers don’t use proper PID values, it’s pretty much impossible to tune unless you spend hours on it. As for Steps/mm there’s nothing in ReplicatorG that I can find. Will check Makerware though.

Just installed, seems makerware doesn’t recognise the v7.7 Flashforge Sailfish firmware, so no go there…

I know that it supposedly lets you adjust the retraction values, but it does not seem to honor the value in actuality - at least when I slice and export to SD card. For FlashForge, select the Replicator Dual profile.

Follio.me is a social commerce platform that pays you for posting comments, news, update, articles and more. Click on this link to start earning http://goo.gl/XkJKZi

@Joseph_Chiu - aye know what to select, Only got one Extruder on the CTCForge as the other’s removed, so replicator single.

I’ll stick to S3D for slicing as it’s more comprehensive and does retraction properly.

@Whitney_Gilson - I’d think that was clear from this post, but yes. I actually own 3.