3DR is released! Find out more on the Blog post - All files now

3DR is released! Find out more on the Blog post - All files now up on Github. Enjoy. Rich.

niiice!, thanks!.

Now, to do some mods in order to use regular square tubes (no openbeam or any kind of alu extrusion down here, argentina).

@Nicolas_Arias let me know if you run into any issues, I am planning to build one with Bamboo tubes at some point.

Thanks @Gary_Hodgson your great githubiverse template saved the day for me. http://richrap.github.io/3DR-Delta-Printer/

@Richard_Horne i will give it a try today. I have a few questions about the ball joints too, like size of the ball, traxxx is not available here, looks like there are other brands. I thing they might be the same stuff…

Glad to see you’re keeping all the active electronics up and out of the “Drop Zone”. That’s been a long-standing pet peeve of mine re. the old (open source) MakerBot and similar printer designs. Bottom-mount electronics and/or PSU can be hazardous when playing with fluid- and paste-based extrusion tech.

I had modified the top and bottom parts in order to be able to use a square 2x2x tube. Will print, measure and report back.

Great!! Very possibly be the next printer I built.

Great work as usual, so please excuse me if i start drooling all over.
@Richard_Horne could you give a ballpark figure of how much a set of vitamins would cost?

Awesome. Richard do you think it would be possible to use http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:112718 instead of belts on the 3DR ? I was wondering how near zero backlash would effect prints

@Bartosz_Barlowski it doesnt use belts, it uses spectra lines

@Thomas_Sanladerer im drooling over the print now :slight_smile: and crying over the 7hr print time for one motor base :frowning: I’ll have to finish printing everything in 6 weeks when I get back stateside.

@Richard_Horne does as printerboard fit? I have an extra laying around.

@Thomas_Sanladerer On the plus side, when you have it up and running, you will have a faster printer :slight_smile:

Should reduce time to well under 3 Hours.

Other electronics should fit, there is a lot of mounting points and quite a large area to put it in.

Good luck with the build.

@Richard_Horne printing the 3rd bottom motor mount now.

Do you want me to send the skp to you? (square tube version).

Also, i noticed that i dont have any lm6uu, so, im going to start with printed ones while i wait for the real ones. HAve you tested the printer with printed bushings?, can you suggest any?

That’s great news Richard. This will definitely be my first delta printer - really looking forward to building another one now. Please can you suggest a really good reason I can give to friends and family when they ask why I need three 3D printers? You must have far more than that by now!
Regards,
Richard

@Richard_Gain Great! let me know how you get on with the build.

" Just one more, and I’ll reuse the parts from that old one sat in the corner :)"

" this one is for (Tall/Big/Tiny) things"

" I can now move the other one to the shed"

" I need one just for printing ABS"

" the other two are always busy"

" this one prints much faster"

And my personal favorite and recent one for 3DR - " This one is so easy to use, even the kids can use it" - now I need to stop the kids from always using it!

3DR does not use up much desk space if that helps.

Cheers,

Rich,