2020 refit

Hi there,

My printer needed a bit of attention,here’s a few pics.

The plan is to fit a hemera (heavy I know but I need to print TPU), switch from smoothie to duet3 and rewire.

I designed a new carriage: 3 3d printed parts

I did a test print with the new carriage which went fine before removing the smoothieboard and started the rewiring of the duet3:

1 Like

I like the use of the extruder as structure for the carriage. Smart design, minimal printing time. I did notice a split above the bushing on the main section of the carriage. Tricky to get a push fit with layer lines in that direction. Excited to see what the printing looks like once you get everything set up.